Duration: 14 nights/ 14 days
• Ireland 7 nights, Wales 3 nights, Birmingham 4 nights
• Dublin Pre-Tour: 2 nights; July 19/20 with guided
Textile Tour of Dublin with Rebecca Devaney
• London Post-Tour (3 nights; Aug 4-7)
• Royal School of Needlework Tour
• Guided Tour of Liberty of London
• Guided textile tours with Rebecca Devaney of
V&A Museum (textile exhibits), William Morris
Gallery, quilt & haberdashery shops
• Jo Andrews & Christopher Wilson-Tate
Antique Quilts private lecture presentation
• 3 full days entrance at the Birmingham Festival of Quilts
Optional London Extension:
Tailored Small Group Tour
• Blue Badge Expert Guide
• Professional Driver; luxury motor coach
• Detailed custom itinerary
• 7days in Southern Ireland; 4 days in Wales; 3 days in Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts
• Optional 4-day London Extension
• Minimum 20
• Pre-tour hotel available
• Interest free payment plan option
Arrive in Dublin pre-tour and spend two days settling in and acclimitizing yourself to the new time zone. Enjoy a
fabulous, guided walking tour with Rebecca Devaney, as she introduces our group to some of Dublin’s finest textile related venues. Plenty of free time to explore Dublin on your own before the official start of the tour.
Spend 7 full days experiencing the magic oft h e Emerald Isle – the history and folklore, as well as art and music, as you ramble through some of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. Textile activities include a private dinner evening event with trunk show and presentation by world-renown Irish quilter, guided tour of the Ros Tapestries – the massive community project of the history of Ireland told in thread, Blarney Woolen Mill, and a tour and visit to Avoca Handweavers Mill.
Sail across the Irish Sea from Dublin to Holyhead on the luxurious Sienna Line Ferry to continue your journey for 3 days through the rugged coastline and mountainous National Parks of Wales. Textile activities include visits tot h e Minerva
Quilt Center and the Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Museum, and quilt and yarn shops. Enjoy a visit with full Welsh Banquet dinner at Cardiff Castle.
Arrive in Birmingham for a final 4 nights to take in the renown Birmingham Quilt Festival. Register for a workshop or lecture, shop at the huge vendor mall, and see the more than 300quilts on exhibit of talented quilters from all over the world. Easy departure from the Birmingham Airport for your flight home, or .
Choose the optional London Extension to continue your experience of the UK for another 3 full days, including a visit to the Royal School of Needlework, walking tour of London’s best and little-known haberdasheries, private guided tour of
the infamous Liberty of London, William Morris Gallery, and Christopher Wilson-Tate Antique Textiles shop. Conclude your tour with a very special dinner presentation by Jo Andrews of Haptic and Hue and Christopher Wilson-Tate.